My longtime blog bud Lee tagged me in this fun little “11 randoms” post that has been making its way around bloggy land. And then Sam and Amanda did. I dig it because it’s given me a chance to get to know some of my best blog friends even better — and I’m getting to know new blog friends better too (lots of FitFluentials in that “new” category!).
So, since Lee, Sam and Amanda tagged me *and* because I like to be random sometimes, I figured, why not?
Here’s how it works – I’m to share 11 random facts about me and then answer Lee’s questions that she posed in her post to those she tagged “it” and then pass this same random “tag” along to 11 more blog friends, giving them some questions you’d like them to answer for you. <—Got all that? I promise, not as complicated as I just made it sound. ;-)
Anyway, here are my 11 randoms (with help from the hubs!):
1. I can pick things up with my feet. More specifically, my big (ugly) toes are surprisingly nimble. My husband thinks it’s weird. I think it’s kinda fun.
2. A few years ago, we were at Fenway Park at my first Red Sox game, ever. It was the 6th or 7th inning and I was getting antsy and wanted to leave. Problem was? It was right in the middle of Derek Lowe’s no-hitter. Kind of a big deal, I guess. Kind of like when I change the channel on Scott during the final moments of the big football game and he misses the winning touchdown. Yeah, that happens. A lot. whoopsie.
3. I eat pretty much anything. I can’t really name one food that I’ve tried and didn’t like. Well, maybe blue cheese. Not a huge fan. I’ll eat it if I must, but I don’t dig it.
4. It takes all of my self-control after I make my favorite bowl of oatmeal *not* to go back into that jar for scoops of a second and third and fourth spoonfuls of peanut butter. ALL of my control.
5. I’ve never seen any of the classic Christmas movies – think “A Christmas Story”or “It’s a Wonderful Life.” Never had an interest in seeing them. Still don’t. Oh – you can add “Sound of Music” to that list too. No. Desire.
6. I’m a closet Die Hard and Lethal Weapon fan. No shame.
7. I’ve been randomly watching TV shows I’ve never seen before on-demand while on the treadmill. Like I’ve never seen them before in my life but hell, if it’s 45 minutes of entertainment (and gets me through killer interval rounds), I’m all for it. Burn Notice, Blue Bloods, Rizzoli & Isles, Revenge – all on that list.
8. The first time I said “I love you” to my husband was at the break room at Shaw’s Supermarkets. I’m such a romantic, I know.
9. I can’t stand when there is more than two loads of laundry in the hamper so I’m constantly doing laundry to keep the hamper less than half-full. I get all anxious when it gets too full.
10. I’m obsessed with Mr. Clean cleaning products that are infused with Gain. Smells SO fresh and clean. I use it ALL over the house. Y’know, while in the midst of my cleaning “routine” — my very methodical approach to cleaning the house. I do it in the same order every single time.
11. My favorite kids book growing up to this day? Berenstain Bears “Messy Room.” I *loved* how neat and tidy their room was at the end of the book! <—-hmm, sensing a theme here with the last three “randoms” all relating to cleanliness. I have issues.
And now – the 11 questions from Lee:
1. What was (or is) your major in college? Communications with a minor in Advertising
2. What is your favorite form of exercise? running. and barre classes. wait, that’s two. whoops.
3. What’s your guilty pleasure? Wine. No contest.
4. Do you tell people about your blog or is it sort of secret? At first I didn’t really talk about it much but now I’m much more open about it. I’m really proud of this little home of mine!
5. What food do you hate? As I mentioned above, there really is no food I don’t like enough to say I “hate” it. I’m weird.
6. What’s the last book that you read? “Room” – SO good. Read the entire book on my flight out to Cali last month.
7. Mac or PC? MAC!
8. If you could go anywhere on your next vacation, where would you go? St. Lucia – to re-create our honeymoon. Best vacation ever.
9. What habit that you have would you like to change? My addiction to all things connected (internet, iPhone, blog, Facebook, twitter…)
10. What’s your favorite beverage (alcoholic or non)? Wine. And coffee.
11. What’s your go-to dinner when you don’t want to cook? Faux pizza – made on flatout wraps or naan bread. Yummy and super-fast.
And the 11 questions from Sam:
1 – What is your #1 go to workout song? Anything by David Guetta, often in heavy rotation at barre n9ne!
2 – If you had to choose 3 foods to eat for the rest of your life (and nothing else) what would they be? Peanut butter, oatmeal, pizza. Oh wait, and chocolate. Sh*t, that’s four. I’m failing this quiz already!
3 – If you were given an unlimited vacation budget – but it had to be used on ONE trip – where would you go and why? Unlimited budget. Hm. I’d have to say – a tour of the major wine country regions of the world – Cali, Italy, France, Greece. OMG amazing.
4 – What are you more afraid of: snakes or spiders? Spiders.
5 – Puppies or kitties? Do you have any? Kitties! I have two and love them as if they were my kids.
6 – What dead rockstar would you bring back if you could? Hm, maybe Frank Sinatra? He’s not really a rockstar though, huh? Totally bombing this quiz, lol!
7 – What is the most random thing you collect (or have collected?)? Wine corks!
8 – What one article of clothing (or accessory) do you have to wear every single day? My wedding and engagement ring
9 -If you could only eat FRUITS or VEGGIES, but not both, which would you choose? FRUIT
10 – Beach or mountains? Why? Beach, beach, beach. My idea of bliss. The sound of the ocean lapping the shore? Nothing better.
11 – What is your favorite band EVER? Hm. Hootie and the Blowfish? They were awesome back in the day.
Questions from Amanda:
1 – What was the first concert that you ever went to? Boyz II Men – screamed my head off!
2 – If you were on Death Row, what would you choose for your last meal? Hmm either our homemade pizza or filet mignon and a *really* good cabernet sauvignon
3 – What was your most favorite Halloween costume that you have worn? Hm, I didn’t really ever get into halloween, not even as a kid – my mom was kind of against it. The first time I finally did trick-or-treat, I was a cowgirl and felt pretty rad, so let’s go with that.
4 – Which actress would you like to star as you if you had a movie made about your life? I’m totally blanking on actresses I like – maybe Sandra Bullock??
5 – If you could open any type of business what would it be? co-owner of barre n9ne?? I kid, I kid…no, not really ;-)
6 – You have a free plane ticket to go anywhere in the world, but you can only stay there for 24 hours. Where are you going? Greece!
7 – What is your favorite TV series, past or present? Friends!
8 – When did you first feel like a runner? I honestly don’t know if there was an exact moment – maybe when I ran my second (not first) half marathon?? Someone else asked me this the other day and I didn’t really have a good answer for them either.
9 – What is the last thing that you splurged on? This past weekend in Boston was a splurge, absolutely!
10 – Night owl or early bird? early bird!
11 – What is one thing that you wished you would have learned to do? I always wish I learned to dance as a child – I have ZERO rhythm as an adult, it’s terrible.
SO! That’s me – 11 randoms. Rather than tagging 11 of you, I’m gonna go on the honor system here. I think everyone ought to do one of these posts — they’re actually a ton of fun to write (especially with your husband sitting over your shoulder yelling out random things about you). ;-)